Wednesday, October 17, 2012

I wasn't sure what to write about or to put on here this week, so...here's another poem:

SEVENTY FIVE PERCENT

I sit here, thirty minutes shy of the twentieth occurrence
Of the anniversary of my birth, my initial insertion
Into this world we live in and the society that inhabits it
According to the numbers, I’m almost a quarter of the way through the transit
That will take me from my first crib to my death bed
As a matter of fact, with that being said
I look back now and wonder whether I am appreciating enough
Where I am going and where I am from
There is a long way to go before I reach half time
Between now and then, as long as I stay between the lines
That constitute "out of bounds" and "on the right path"
I will be around long enough to have a last laugh
Life is like pro sports, certain things they share ring true
As everyone comes to know, there is no mercy rule
Once in a while, you are going to get beat pretty bad, if not pelted
But if you decide to fold your hand, you satisfy whoever dealt it
As the second half begins, you start running on empty
And begin feeling the oncoming antonym of entry
But as I sit here on the verge of the bewitching hour
My gut feeling about my future has yet to begin to sour
Twenty years down, who knows how many more to go
I just have to pace myself, and soon I will know
Until then, I just need to live it how I like, avoid holding out for perfect
Take every challenge as it comes, and enjoy the next seventy five percent



1 comment:

  1. ok, include responses to the weekly reading assignments here.

    ReplyDelete